Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Supernatural.

I catch the decapitated blooms
of this expiring summer, but
they only frown at my misfortune
with so many deformed teeth

and laugh through my wishes
saying "you are ridiculous!"
It makes it difficult to see the way
in which I am so accustomed,
ruins the unnatural order of things.

We are not natural,
you and I. We never were. We are
supernatural,
above and beyond what is meant to be.

We are toes in running rivers,
talks of extraterrestrials
on the Chicago shoreline,
judges of the wizard packs
of youth who throw their
lives away, dedication across
continents, wet hair atop the
highest heights, uncomfortable
mattresses and cold, cold nights.

We are the earth bisected,
the moon filled, the traitorous
sun rising, firsts upon firsts,
more after more.

No comments:

Post a Comment